30 day singer

tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
02/03/2022 9:43 pm

hey, so wonder if anyone has had success with this site. i cannot sing. well, i can sing not bad, with other people who sing in my vocal range and i sing with them. alone, i suck, and i really love singing along with songs i learn, but in front of others, can't do it., so i wondered if using this for a year would help get me in tune, singing along beautifully with songs i learn to play. anyone has any success with this site, beginner singers only please.

# 1
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
02/03/2022 11:55 pm

I think the DIY way to develop your singing voice is to record yourself singing. #1. You should be fore-warned that your voice does not sound like what you hear in your own head when you sing. This is natural, just accept and move on. When you listen to yourself on a recording you actually hear what the audience hears. You also (at times painfully) hear where you need to practice. I do have to warn you that this can be an emotionally burtal way to learn singing, but I have seen people benifit from it. #2,Once you identify what you need to improve, start practicing the difficult material until you are confident in how it sounds. #3. Ignore how you felt the time you first listened to your recorded voice and record the song again. Your recording voice will not sound so forign, the more you hear it. Now zero in on listening to the things you have been practicing to improve. Once again it can be brutal, but this is the fastest way to get a grasp on using your singing voice.

I have had voice training in college and it helped, but when I started listening to how my voice sounded on the listener's side, that is when I really made progress.

Lessons with a good instructor is probably the best way to develop your singing abilty asap. It will still involve practice, it will still involve frustration, and it will still reward your patient persistant practicing.

But the human voice is completly invisable. When singing you can't see how to finger a note on a fretboard. No diagram is going to teach you how to articulate phrasing. Singing is all internal. Having good instruction is the best path to help you to quickly develop your skills. Good breath control and tonal control are difficult to develop on your own.

Learning voice can be more difficult than learning guitar. But take those lessons you learned about enjoying the process of learning guitar and reapply them to your vocals. It is a journey not a destination. When you get frustrated... slow down and double down on really learning the hard parts. Persistant patient practice pays...if you don't "Should" on yourself... those same practice skill will be your best friend as you become a vocalist.

Singing a song while accompaning yourself on guitar can be EXTREEMLY REWARDING. You now have the skills to succed in learning music. They all still apply. You are just learning a new instrument.

I just reread you post and saw the "beginners only" stipulation... OOPS.

In that case.....never mind. I guess I wrote this post backwards.

I have never tried 30 day singer.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 2
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
02/04/2022 1:58 am

I think recording is a really good idea. Base line. And will hear progress. But yeah. I need from beginning help!

# 3
snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
02/04/2022 5:13 pm

I looked at that 30 day web site and maybe it can be useful.

However, I think the best way to start, is with in person lessons. A quilified teacher is the best way to understand your vocal prowess. They can watch you sing and help you with developing breath support. They can evaluate and help your tone quality. I sang for a lot of year before I took voice. I was astonished how much it helped me to understand the perameters of my vocal ablities and to develop them.

Captcha is a total pain in the........

# 4
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/04/2022 10:16 pm

Hey Ya'll!

Thanks for the interest in the 30 Day Singer site. We do have a 14 day free trial for the site if you want to see if it right for you. Send us a message at support@30daysinger.com for more information on the trial.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.