View post (Am I Insane)

View thread

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
04/12/2022 3:04 pm
Originally Posted by: JeffS65

...To me, it means that you may want to break down different riffs or song sections (ie - verse or bridge etc) and be comfortable with that riff in that section. Then you can click them song Lego blocks together when you practice the song.

I've tried this technique over and over again with different material but always end up with a bunch of pieces that I cannot snap together because my brain has become habituated to stopping at the end of each section. While this may not be a universal problem, it's still quite common. It makes more sense (for most people) to learn something by continuously adding Lego bloacks to a growing string of music that you've mastered.

BTW, I wouldn't put much stock in the definition of "insanity" stated by the OP, given that it seems to have originated in an Xbox 360 video game: Far Cry 3. It was uttered by the craziest character (Vos Montenegro) in a whole game full of raving lunatics. If doing something over and over while expecting a different result is the definiton of "insanity", then every guitar player in here would be insane. Then again, maybe we are ; )

Nicolai