Friday evening livecast

guitardag
Full Access
guitardag
Full Access
01/08/2022 9:31 pm

Hey Mike

Thanks so much for the awesome friday livecasts, they are a weekly highlight! Don't have a youtube account so don't log in to comment when i watch so just wanted to thank you for such awesome presentations and lessons. Had some computer issues last night so missed bits here and there so may have missed if you commented on my question. Sweet paranormal offset tele! I have the same one except in natural. What made you decide on this one as opposed to a traditional tele? also wanted to ask about why the headstock is reveresed? Thanks.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/09/2022 1:17 pm

Hey there - thanks so much for the kind words and for checking out the live stream!

The guitar I was playing on the stream is a partscaster I just finished assembling. It's an ash body from ebay, Warmoth neck, and Lollar tele pickups. I love it!

I decided to put one together since I prefer the offset body over the traditional slab body - particularly when playing standing up. I find the offset body much more balanced and comfortable. As for the reverse headstock, I just simply love that look!

Cheers!

Mike

Originally Posted by: guitardag

Hey Mike

Thanks so much for the awesome friday livecasts, they are a weekly highlight! Don't have a youtube account so don't log in to comment when i watch so just wanted to thank you for such awesome presentations and lessons. Had some computer issues last night so missed bits here and there so may have missed if you commented on my question. Sweet paranormal offset tele! I have the same one except in natural. What made you decide on this one as opposed to a traditional tele? also wanted to ask about why the headstock is reveresed? Thanks.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
guitardag
Full Access
guitardag
Full Access
01/10/2022 7:43 am

Excellent, it looks great! especially like the dark fingerboard.

I chose mine for similar reasoning although I found it more comfortable sitting and didn't try it standing until after I bought it but find that to be quite comfortable as well. I was planning on getting a MIM tele but as mentioned previously and got the Squire. My first electric guitar so not much to compare it to but very happy with it.

Look forward to seeing it in an upcoming livecast.

# 3
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/10/2022 1:05 pm

Nice! The Squiers are great guitars in their own right!

Mike

Originally Posted by: guitardag

Excellent, it looks great! especially like the dark fingerboard.

I chose mine for similar reasoning although I found it more comfortable sitting and didn't try it standing until after I bought it but find that to be quite comfortable as well. I was planning on getting a MIM tele but as mentioned previously and got the Squire. My first electric guitar so not much to compare it to but very happy with it.

Look forward to seeing it in an upcoming livecast.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 4
guitardag
Full Access
guitardag
Full Access
01/29/2023 6:23 pm

Hey Mike

Meant to comment last week but had a busy week and didn't get a chance.  Another paranormal offset!  Sweet new guitar!

dag

# 5
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
01/30/2023 1:47 pm
#5 Originally Posted by: guitardag

Hey Mike

Meant to comment last week but had a busy week and didn't get a chance.  Another paranormal offset!  Sweet new guitar!

dag

Thanks Dag!  I wanted a guitar with P90 pickups, and this one turned out great!

Keep rockin'!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 6
emmanbrownusa1
emmanbrownusa1
12/11/2023 2:23 am

That live stream was great and I appreciate your hosting ability. aa route planner

# 7
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/11/2023 3:05 pm
#7 Originally Posted by: emmanbrownusa1

That live stream was great and I appreciate your hosting ability. aa route planner

Thanks for the kind words!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 8
guitardag
Full Access
guitardag
Full Access
03/24/2024 4:37 am

Friday evenings just haven't been the same without the Livecasts Mike.  Missing your awesome instruction, fun personality and excellent riffs!

# 9
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
03/24/2024 8:37 pm
#9 Originally Posted by: guitardag

Friday evenings just haven't been the same without the Livecasts Mike.  Missing your awesome instruction, fun personality and excellent riffs!

Thanks for the kind words GuitarDag!!! I agree!!

Mike

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.