Attenuators??

martydgrimes
Full Access
martydgrimes
Full Access
11/29/2021 8:33 pm

Hello, I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I have a couple of questions for you. I own a half stack marshall dsl100 and a fender vibrolux deluxe reverb amp. I'm using the fender as my practice amp with a podhd500x pedal board but can't turn it up hardly at all because both amps are really loud at volume but don't sound tonally good unless they are turned up. I picked up a universal studio Ox box but didn't have any luck getting it to connect with my computer so I wound up sending it back. I've been looking into buying a fryette power station 100, But I'm not sure with all of the options out there if this is the best unit. What attenuators do you prefer to get great tone at lower volume?

Thank you for all you do.[br]Sincerly, [br]Marty Grimes

# 1
Nikki Thedog
Full Access
Nikki Thedog
Full Access
11/29/2021 9:19 pm

I bought a Rivera Rockcrusher a couple years ago for a Carvin 100W half stack. Pricey but works great. Has a couple switches for "EQ" but I just use the amp settings. Used it with a 18W VHT (had to make a couple patch cords to get it inline with this one). Am currently using it with a Marshall JCM800 20W I just bought which has excellet tone btw. There's probably less expensive units out there that may work just as well, but this is a good one. Good luck... Dale

# 2
martydgrimes
Full Access
martydgrimes
Full Access
11/29/2021 10:43 pm

Thanks for the feedback Dale. With all the new devices out there it's difficult to know what to buy for the best results.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.