View post (Finding happiness)

View thread

natashagranger
Full Access
natashagranger
Full Access
10/05/2021 7:01 pm

What a great story. I came across it when looking to see if anyone had posted advice about what to do if you've split your fingertip. Hence I found your post "sore.fingers".

I've been playing a lot of guitar the last few days and have cut my finger as a result of it.

I've always loved music and singing but only really decided to take up guitar during the first lockdown. Seen as we were not allowed out or near anyone (a.k.a couldn't learn from an actual human being teacher) I decided to join Guitar Tricks.

I've went back and forth with the guitar, sometimes playing it a lot and other times not so much. A bit like what you said, it can be a little trying, perhaps boring at the beginning so it does take patience.

I decided to take myself away to really try and focus on it. Due to lockdown etc. I've been staring at the same walls for a long time and was struggling to find motivation. I'm on a little island right now in Scotland. The change of scenery has helped a lot, especially when I lift my head up from the guitar (meaning I've mastered a chord without having to look at the strings) and I am looking out on to the sea.[br][br]I hope to be where you are in a few months time with the guitar. Thank you for sharing your story.[br][br]Natasha