View post (Newbie from JustinGuitar Beginner level 1 Complete)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/30/2021 1:20 pm
Originally Posted by: JeffS65For my world of work focus (currently, I do privacy and regulatory stuff), I can't look at how I communicte as a sort of 'what do I want to say to the customer' (or internal users) but; what questions is the customer or internal user needing answered? This comes from experience and historical insight.[/quote]

Exactly.

Originally Posted by: JeffS65To your point Chris, you can't really know what each new player is going to ask. However, with years of teaching, you do know the commonalities with regard to issues players can run in to. Additionally, how much information they can consume.[/quote]

Exactly. Well said.

[quote=JeffS65]I quickly explained a little something about string intervals in a very simple way so that she could see it as more of a math/counting solution than a 'shape' concept. She didn't need a deep understanding of the concept, just a quick answer as to why. Later on, when she's progressed and started learning more in depth stuff, she can call back to that initial understanding.

Well done! Thanks for that anecdote.

[quote=JeffS65]

Anyway, a tiny bit of knowledge goes a long way.

Absolutely. A good curriculum uses that perspective & builds on it in an integrated manner. So, when you get to more complex levels it's still relates to, refers to & dovetails with earlier concepts. It points back to earlier concepts while expanding their scope with new layers of detail, refinement & complexity.

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory