View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
Azrael
Gargoyle Instructor
02/10/2003 6:58 am
a few lil questions:

The intention to reduce dangerous weapons on this planet is technically a very good one - no doubt about that. BUT.. why are certain nations forced to disarm while others (in most cases those who force them) allowed to keep their weapons? a bit unfair, dont you think? And also a bit unbalanced. One could think it its some sort of cold war - but only the other way round. Disarming is good, but only if everyone disarms completely. But there is the problem - how can you be sure that everyone realy disarms completely? Even with the best inspections you can never be sure that there isnt some sort of secret underground facility stuffed with dangerous arsenals. What remains is fear. so it would be only logical for every nation to PRETEND that they have disarmed and keep a few lil warheads somwhere - just for the worst case. I guess the chances for peace on this planet are pretty weak, arent they? I think everyone has to disarm, because - where is the proof that some wierdow gets in the position to use them? remember hitler? it can happen everywhere - even in the US. so the main question from this is: why do some have to disarm whilst others do not?

----

Speaking of Afghanistan, iraq and violation of humanity etc..
i just recently saw footage on TV about what happened in afghanistan and interviews with survivors. US troops have captured heaps of afghan people - taliban and non-taliban. Some of those prisoner-transports have been just mass-executed and burried in massgraves somewhere in the desert without the knowledge of the public. others have been put into huge trucks and instead of delivering them to a prison they placed the trucks in the midst of the desert at extreme temperatures and went away. survivors have reported that they licked eachothers prespiration to survive - some died in the heat and the others (50+ people) where locked with the dead in the truck. Very humain if you ask me.. not more humain than the things Saddam does.

Thats basically what i mean - its easy to follow someone who preaches big speaches from TV-stations telling ppl about the bad things that happen in other parts of the world and that they have to be stopped (everyone else is bad and we have to stop it - arrogance?).

The disadvantage is that one cannot determin whats realy going on, for you do not sit in the secret rooms of the presidents and politicians after the press is gone, to know what they realy are seeking for. aswell as you arent in the location where it happens to see whats realy going on. you only see pics of troopers who return in victory - yay! we have won! lets get drunk. Who gives you the assurance that the thing that uncle sam wants you to fight for is realy WORTH fighting and dying for?

[Edited by Azrael on 02-10-2003 at 01:06 AM]

[FONT=Times New Roman]Holiness is in right action and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves. What you decide to do every day makes you a good person... or not.[/FONT][br][br]