View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/09/2003 7:28 pm
Before the World Trade Center was destroyed, I might have thought your assessment had some merit. Now, no-one can assume that people on the other side of the world cannot possibly be a threat. That obviously is not true anymore.

Iraq is not the first piece of the terrorist structure to be dealt with, and it won't be the last. As I said much earlier in this thread, America has been at war since 11 September 2001. The government of my own country (Canada) just doesn't seem to 'get' that, and we risk becoming irrevalent because of it. The events that are unfolding aren't just theoretical permutations anymore. Containment, and peaceful persuasion have not done the job. There's no longer any patience for more of the same. With, or without the UN, the Americans are not going to accept anything less than the destruction of their enemies.

We will have to agree to disagree. I think your position is not suported by the facts, but then you have that opinion of my position. All I can say is, wait and see. A couple of weeks, I think.

Yes, indeed, Peace.
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons