View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

SLY
Un-Registered User
SLY
Un-Registered User
02/08/2003 3:55 pm
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Yes, parents and grandparents love to see their children and grandchildren shot up and/or come back from war with psychological damage and nervous disorders.
Get real.

In the US administration and public, many of the "old people" who don't know war 'except for these "Disgusting" pix and vids they watch on TV' actually went through World War II, Korea, and Vietnam.

You and Azrael, though while obviously well intentioned are ignoring the fact that some people in this world will take what they want no matter what the cost and will never give in, ever. Add up all of the facts and it's pretty easy to see that Saddam is one of those people.

Yeah dude , I'd like to defend my country too in case attacked by other nation...
But I'm DEAD sure that parents in the U.S. aren't willing to see their kids die for occupying some other place in the other side of the world , and for no good reasons.

Also how do you think Iraqi people will respond to an american occupation ?? Do you realy think they ALL hate Saddam ?
I can tell you that's not true ... As a matter of fact , this guy controles their poor minds through his media , and of course he's now getting them ready to fight for their lands and so.
Not to mention how many fundamentalists & extremers would take advantage of an american military action against Iraq for their own benifit , and eventualy they'll find more followers than they ever dreamed of.

Dude, this war is going to be disasterous on the U.S. before Iraq, specialy if the inspectors didn't find real WMDs in there.

[Edited by SLY on 02-08-2003 at 09:57 AM]