View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
02/07/2003 6:55 am
Originally posted by Azrael
Ok.. letz try it the other way round.. if any given country would claim that the US has biological and nuclear weapons, and they ask them to disarm and burn it all on a big pile infront of the international public... would the US do so?...
[u]Saddam Hussein signed an agreement with the UN[/u], promising to disarm, as a condition of ending the Gulf War!

The US has nuclear weapons! :eek: Now there's a shocking piece of news. They've had 'em for almost 60 years. How many have they actually dropped on anybody? Unless I've missed some important news, I think the tally stands at a grand total of [u]2[/u].

Almost 60 years ago. As a reluctantly adopted, desperate measure to quickly end a war in which millions had died, and was likely to kill another 1 1/2 million if concluded by conventional warfare.

Do you suppose that Iraq's numbers would not be very different when Saddam reaches his goal of nuclear capability?

I mean after he blows Israel off the map (and the neighboring countries with it), do you really believe he would say "Yeah, that's all I wanted to do. I can retire now."???
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons