View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/06/2003 6:49 pm
Originally posted by SLY
Originally posted by Raskolnikov
Iraq invaded Kuwait. The Iraqi army was driven out by an international coalition and ordered by the international community to disarm and [u]PROVE[/u] that it has disarmed. After OVER A DECADE LATER Saddam has proven NOTHING other than that he's still playing games with the arms inspectors.

Thats right ... If you removed Saddam a decade ago , no one would have opposed you cuz it was going to be a reaction to the Kuwait invasion.

But now after a decade , the point of removing Saddam from power has lost its good reasons ... Every thing is ok in Kuwait , Inspectors never found any hidden WMD in Iraq , Saddam and his regiem are contained by very strict sanctions & inspections that would never give him a chance to develope or manufacture WMDs.

A decade ago, virtually all of the Arab members of the coalition, especially the Saudis were opposed to invading Iraq. Continuing sanctions imposed when Iraq first invaded Kuwait and the inspections were chosen instead of an immediate invasion. Mostly in the hopes that the Kurds or Shi'ias would rise up against Saddam's government, and they did, but not successfully. The inspections process was a means to give Iraq a last chance to avoid a continuation of the war, but to avoid that continuation, Iraq was under obligation to PROVE, I repeat, PROVE that it has no more WMDs or WMD programs. The only thing Iraq has proven is that it isn't telling the truth, and more importantly, that it's trying to hide something. What is the logical conclusion of this? Why would Iraq disarm only to act like they haven't? Why on Earth would Iraq do that? It doesn't make sense to me. Why would Iraq (even since these last inspections have started) attempt to purchase key equipment for enriching Uranium if it had no nuclear weapons program?
And if you think that biological and chemical weapons can't be made in spite of the sanctions, you're sadly mistaken.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons