View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
02/05/2003 6:52 pm
Originally posted by Azrael
As far as Austria her is concerned, most of the rebuilt work after WW2 was done by austrians and czech people. Americans stood there watching and spreading chewing gum and oranges. very cool indeed - and btw - the main reason why WW2 turned out the way it did was because the germans were defeated in russia - not because america was the big saviour - they did just the nazi-cleanup work afterwards. America entered the war because of pearl habour and because italy and germany declared war against america - not because they wanted to save europe.

Yes, that's why we sent England (read: "gave England" since the last time I checked England still hasn't payed the United States back for the aid sent durring WWII) food, ammunition, medicine, equipment, aircraft, fuel, and even soldiers at our own financial expense, and the expense of hundreds of US freighter ships and thousands of American lives (Canada can claim some credit here too) before America actually entered the war.
America is largely responsible for making sure that England won the Batttle of Britain and for keeping two fronts open against the Nazis. If England had fell there would have been NO possibility of invading France and the Nazis would have been able to divert 100% of their attention towards Russia. And that's just in Europe, including the African theater would only compound that observation.

Without the benefit of American industry, money and eventually blood, World War II would have had a VERY different outcome.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons