View post (a moral dilemma)

View thread

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
01/21/2003 11:14 pm
as war looms on the horizon for my country there has actually been talk of possibly reinstating the draft. having just turned 18 i am at the prime age to be drafted into our services. i am a not opposed to war in general, i believe it is necessary at some times, however i am opposed to this war and what Bush is trying to so in general. fortuneately, i am probably going to college and will thus be able to get a deferment and avoid the draft. however, towards the end of the vietnam war, some college deferments were overridden and there is the distinct possibity that the war will spread and last more than 4 years, what then. i used to look down on those who went to canada, but more and more i am sympathizing with. this war is not for national defense like so many claim and i do not want to die to make some oil baron just that much richer. do i then serve in a war which i do not believe and find ethically reprehensible or make the run for canada? its a tough decision i hope i never have to make, but there is the possibility that i might have to. what are your guys thoughts?
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By