Soloing

darickmendes
darickmendes
07/17/2021 9:03 pm

Good day , so I watching the level 1 rock video about scales and I remember he said about being creative with it in order to create a solo or a riff but isn't it consider noodling and is it bad thing as I heard ?

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/18/2021 2:45 pm
Originally Posted by: darickmendes

Good day , so I watching the level 1 rock video about scales and I remember he said about being creative with it in order to create a solo or a riff but isn't it consider noodling and is it bad thing as I heard ?

I think you are referring to the lessons introducing the major & minor scales. Anders is suggesting that you just get used to the sound, feel & pattern of the scales. For some students this might be the first time they've played these scales in time with music.

So, this is just an introductory experiementation. Dipping your toe in the water before you dive in.

There are plenty of lessons later on in which Anders will show you some very specific licks, consisting of a certain series of notes played at certain rhythms.

To be clear, noodling around isn't bad per se. It has a place when you are just getting used to a new idea, or trying to look for new ways to play old ideas. Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.