Beginning Blues Guitar (week 5) FREE class!

Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/18/2021 3:29 pm

Hey everyone! Join me this Thursday, May 20 at 5:00pm (PST) on Guitar Tricks Facebook page for more fun blues guitar concepts. This week I'll be going over playing blues licks in the 'Albert King blues box'.

Grab the curriculum to get a head start:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12GAKTDHDuYnHXxAGdsoseJHQhsbzvtqU/view?fbclid=IwAR3yJhVnnmxQ7GBdQOJ1pBWCW6ujcP_jKjZM9sWVJlm0kGbXTVxybuqok9M

See ya there!

# 1
dlwalke
Full Access
dlwalke
Full Access
05/18/2021 5:39 pm

Great, this is very timely for me. I hope I will be available to watch it live, but am wondering also if it will be made available as a YouTube video on the GT channel.

I have also wondered about the history of the AK box. Didn't he play upside down and backwards (relative to most other people). I'm surprised he has a box that is usable by most others. Anyway, looking forward to this!

# 2
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/19/2021 4:11 pm

Yes, you can watch my Guitar Tricks Facebook class after the live broadcast by going to Guitar Tricks Facebook page and scrolling down to see all the past classes in the GT library.

And you are right on the money about Albert King playing left handed and upside down, plus he had unique tuning as well. It just so happens that the notes he often played fall into the upper five notes of the minor pentatonic scale in our standard right handed tuning. Tune into my class this Thursday night for all the details!

Originally Posted by: dlwalke

Great, this is very timely for me. I hope I will be available to watch it live, but am wondering also if it will be made available as a YouTube video on the GT channel.

I have also wondered about the history of the AK box. Didn't he play upside down and backwards (relative to most other people). I'm surprised he has a box that is usable by most others. Anyway, looking forward to this!

# 3
sachin_karne
sachin_karne
06/24/2021 5:12 pm

Hello Dave,

I am enjoying your Beginning blues guitar series and learning greatly from these lessons.

Could you please let me know the Backing Track you are using in the week 5 lesson. I checked with Guitar Tricks's jam station but could not find it.

It would be great if you let me know about the Backing Track and the tempo of it.

Thank you for your support.

Sachin Karne

# 4
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
06/29/2021 5:07 pm

Hi Sachin,

Thanks so much and glad you are learning a lot from my live Facebook classes! The backing track you are looking for is in Guitar Tricks 'Jam Station' under the 'Blues' catagory and it's called "Breaking It Down." The tempo is about 70 bpm with a shuffle feel.

Enjoy!

-Dave

Originally Posted by: sachin_karne

Hello Dave,

I am enjoying your Beginning blues guitar series and learning greatly from these lessons.

Could you please let me know the Backing Track you are using in the week 5 lesson. I checked with Guitar Tricks's jam station but could not find it.

It would be great if you let me know about the Backing Track and the tempo of it.

Thank you for your support.

Sachin Karne

# 5
sachin_karne
sachin_karne
06/30/2021 5:03 pm

Thank you Dave for your reply. I will certainly look into the backing track at the GT.

I must tell you how much I am enjoying your "Beginning Blues Guitar series on Live Facebook. Ever since I have been working on your lessons, my guitar playing started sounding so much musical. Thank you for simplifying the blues concept so well. You made it so easy for everyone to understand.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Sachin Karne

# 6
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/02/2021 1:12 am

Thanks Sachin! If you need extra help or want to go deeper in the blues book a live 1 on 1 online lesson with me and I can work with you in person. Here's the link to my online lessons: https://guitartricks.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?calendarID=1274409&fbclid=IwAR35LuhmQIjAsO_BNLAO351u0GQvGwofQ5T3_92nJZSa7dDNn2hDfTZP5IU

Originally Posted by: sachin_karne

Thank you Dave for your reply. I will certainly look into the backing track at the GT.

I must tell you how much I am enjoying your "Beginning Blues Guitar series on Live Facebook. Ever since I have been working on your lessons, my guitar playing started sounding so much musical. Thank you for simplifying the blues concept so well. You made it so easy for everyone to understand.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

Sachin Karne

# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.