Trying to find this guitar

hunter.kane
hunter.kane
04/25/2021 12:47 am

I went to Guitar Center today and played a few guitars. however, one guitar really stood out. It was a Gold Epiphone SG. I adored the guitar and actually thought it played better than my PRS. I liked it so much I decided to take a picture of the tag so I could find it online. [br][br]

Nothing. I looked it up, word for word, on three different websites, I couldn't find it. Does anybody know where this guitar is? Is it a new release or something? I've included a picture of the tag, or I guess I didn't. I tried to include it 8 times and it won't work, whatever, I'll just type it out. [br][br]

Epiphone EISTPMGNH3 SG Trad Pro Elec Gtr Met Gold

# 1
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
04/25/2021 2:56 pm

I think that's a fascinating story and I got the same results you did when I did a Bing search.

If you don't get any further in your search, try the Epiphone website. They have a customer support page and you can email them from there.

In the past, I've seen, or think I've seen, electronics such as TV's at the big box stores (Costco, Best Buy, etc.) that aren't quite the same as those sold by other retailors. In other words, they seemed to be 'special' models with different specs than those offered at other than discount stores. Maybe Guitar Center is doing something similar.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 2
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
04/25/2021 3:09 pm
Originally Posted by: hunter.kane

I went to Guitar Center today and played a few guitars. however, one guitar really stood out. It was a Gold Epiphone SG. I adored the guitar and actually thought it played better than my PRS. I liked it so much I decided to take a picture of the tag so I could find it online.

[br]I searched those terms & got this guitar.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro-IV-Limited-Edition-Electric-Guitar-Worn-Metallic-Gold-1500000327515.gc

Which was kind of weird because that's a Les Paul single cutaway style, while your ID terms suggest an SG double cutaway style.

Is that it? Or is it more like this?

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Epiphone/SG-Muse-Solid-Body-Electric-Guitar-Smoked-Almond-Metallic-1500000316281.gc

In any event, if you liked it, why not just buy it? :)

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 3
hunter.kane
hunter.kane
04/25/2021 3:54 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel

I went to Guitar Center today and played a few guitars. however, one guitar really stood out. It was a Gold Epiphone SG. I adored the guitar and actually thought it played better than my PRS. I liked it so much I decided to take a picture of the tag so I could find it online.

[br]I searched those terms & got this guitar.

Which was kind of weird because that's a Les Paul single cutaway style, while your ID terms suggest an SG double cutaway style.

Is that it? Or is it more like this?

No, it was an SG, and while the muse looks slightly similar it is most definitely not the same guitar, I have pictures I took of it, however they will not upload to the website.

In any event, if you liked it, why not just buy it? :)

I would have loved to have bought it however I don't currently have the money for it right now. I'll have to go back to that store as soon as I get the money for it. Thank you for the help.

# 4
hunter.kane
hunter.kane
05/01/2021 9:12 pm

Update: To draw our story to a satisying close, I searched up the guitar again and found it was a brand new model, I now know where to find it and will buy it once I have the money.

# 5
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/02/2021 2:27 pm

Update: To draw our story to a satisying close, I searched up the guitar again and found it was a brand new model, I now know where to find it and will buy it once I have the money.

Thanks for the update!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.