View post (Backtracking in my studies.)

View thread

snojones
Full Access
snojones
Full Access
04/25/2021 1:53 pm
Originally Posted by: Guitar Tricks Admin

This is a great idea! The great thing about Guitar Tricks is that you aren't locked into any particular curriculum. You can absolutely revisit lessons you've previously completed for a refresher. We would like to encourage other students to take this approach as well. Thanks for posting this and good luck on your journey!

I find that returning to a lesson, after I have had some time to practice, is frequently illuminating... in ways it was not the first time around. I come at it with newly developed eyes and ears after practicing a technique for sometime. What the instructor says often can be interpreted in a diffrent way the second and third time around. I view these returns as part and parcel of developing as a musician.

References that simply slipped by me the first time around, make sense after I have worked to understand and practice the technique a bit. I really do frequently find new eyes on an old topic. These new "ah ha" moments that deepen my comprehension and develop my ablities.

Captcha is a total pain in the........