Zakk Wylde

canuck7
canuck7
01/14/2003 5:27 pm
hey everyone,
i was just wondering about what you guys thought of Zakk Wylde. i think that he's a little over-bearing on stage and in his interviews but he's my main guitar inspiration. i like how he just speaks his mind about his opinions and stuff like that. he's an amazing guitarist and that's what makes him my main inspiration. he does brilliant solos and amazing riffs and i think that his work in Black Label Society and with Ozzy is just tremendous.
let me hear your opinions.
Thanks for listening to this small piece of me.
# 1
Dejan Sajinovic
Dejan Sajinovic
01/14/2003 5:44 pm
You hit the spot dud.

Zakk is one of my top gods that I worship and a big influence. For example, I use much more scream pinches since I´ve heard Zakk and love to play some of his solos. I haven´t heard a lot from BLS but my fav. Ozzy record with Zakk is his absolute first one No Rest For The Wicked. That one rulez man.

His stage style is also amazing, one of the best I´ve ever seen and bulls eye guitars are very very nice. Would love to put my hands around one of those.
Dejan S. No speed limit
# 2
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
01/14/2003 11:25 pm
I havent heard much of his stuff, not my thing like but hes probably the best guitarist around who would be considered mainstream(along with Matt Bellamy). And hes bleedin hilarious!
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
01/16/2003 7:00 pm
I keep forgetting that people actually willingly play 8's and 9's.

12's for me! \m/
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
canuck7
canuck7
01/17/2003 3:55 pm
i slaved away for hours until i got the pinch harmonic really good after listening to Zakk play all those crazy pings he throws around effortlessly.
and he's just an insane guy, like you said he plays 10-60 in standard tuning!!! i played 12-54 in standard tuning and the high strings should have been lower gauge but i was going crazy trying to make those strings bend! it was like iron railing. but now i'm better and i could make a decent vibrato with 12-54. but Zakk does brilliant pinch harmonics or his E string that's a 60! it's crazy!!!
can't get enough of that bad craziness. he's just phenomenal and deserves all the praise he gets.
Thanks for listening to this small piece of me.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.