View post (Songs being deleted?)

View thread

Marc2017
Full Access
Marc2017
Full Access
09/13/2023 9:41 pm
#0 Originally Posted by: Ben Martin

Hey guys, we had a Sticky/Announcement about this that expired last week. Sorry if that got missed.

Unfortunately we had to remove some songs from the site because we weren't able to renew the license we had with a music publisher.

This is a very rare situation and we tried everything we could to keep these lessons on the site. Despite our efforts, we had to take the songs down.

[br]I want to assure you that we work tirelessly to keep the songs we have and despite this loss, we are dedicated to releasing new song lessons every week this year. Stay tuned for new song lessons each week by visiting the homepage under “Newest Lessons”.

Hi Ben,

This thread dates back to 2021 and songs are still coming down.

Are you saying that publishers are no longer willing to accept monetary renumeration for their products are that GT is unwilling to pay for them ? Either way it would have been awesome if some email had gone out prior to their removal to allow appropriate preparation. Having been an annual subscriber for 8 years a "heads up" seems like the minimum you could have done. Several of the removed songs are in a 30 song set I've been working on for years. 

I'm disappointed.