Boss Gt8

rockinrandyrox
rockinrandyrox
03/12/2021 8:30 pm

using pitch shift to detune guitar down a 1/2 or full step has anybody had any luck doing this if so how?

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
03/15/2021 7:19 pm

If you are trying to tune your guitar down to Eb or D, it might be best to simply use a tuner and tune down instead of using a pitch shifter. Pitch shifters can be great! But there is inherent timbre and texture on the guitar when the strings are slightly looser with a lower tuning. It sounds incredible! An effect you might not get when using a digital pitch shifter to simulate the lower pitches.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
03/15/2021 9:40 pm

The most amazing pitch shifting I've ever gotten is out of my Roland Guitar Synth.

https://www.roland.com/us/categories/guitar_bass/guitar_synthesizers/

Here's why...

Most pitch shifting effects apply to the guitar signal as a whole, which means all of the strings at once.

The Roland Guitar Synth / pickup splits the signal of each individual string and treats them separately. (6 different pitch shifters, so you can control each string's pitch separately). This makes a HUGE difference in the quality of the pitch shift effect.

Most importantly, chords come out sounding realistic! Rather than a weird fuzzy confused digital noise sound.

I tuned my whole guitar down an octave with it and it sounded totally realistic, no digital pitch-shifting artifacts you'd usually get when all the strings are processed together.

I'd like to do more with this tool the future. Never heard anything like it.

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.