View post (Playing hours, advice on running through strings?)

View thread

lee05503
lee05503
02/27/2021 10:52 am

Wasn't sure what to title this. Basically I've got into programs like MuseScore 3, and online websites which have tabs to a song and you click the play button and set it at a speed it plays the song and you watch and try to get yourself up to speed learning the song. And the last 7 or 8 days I've been spending between 8-12 hrs doing this on electric guitar "trying to learn rhythm guitar on various songs", only breaks are water, bathroom, and the occasional get up to stretch my legs. (Hard rock songs are generally just power chords, so not too hard on the fingertips, hence it's easy to practice for many hours)[br][br]

Earlier while playing, the 2nd string went out and I kept trying to tune it back to B using my Yamama guitar tuner and it would not tune to B, I changed the 2nd string and was back in tune playing, about 2 hours later the 3rd string went out, same thing it would not tune to G, so I decided to change that string and the rest of them.[br][br]

So any advice? I read somewhere online that a string will need to be changed every 100 hrs of play? But if that is the case am I gonna be running through strings quickly? I don't like the idea of constantly having to change strings. So was looking for advice. I'm curretly using Ernie Ball super slinky "9s in pink package".[br][br]How often do you guys go through strings?