Best floyd rose tremolo

hunter.kane
hunter.kane
02/14/2021 11:25 pm

I decided to build a custom guitar and get one of the local people to assemble it (I'm not the best at working on guitars.)

I'll just say, I'm not a fan of Fender guitars, however I love the Tele body shape, So I'm going to make a telecaster that fits MY needs and checks off all the boxes, my DREAM TELE

Honestly, I know all of the issues they have and I don't want to just be told not to do it. I just want to know which floyd rose would fit a tele body, keep in mind I'm making one from parts so it doesn't have any holes drilled yet, so I won't have any gaps from old bridges, I just want to know which would best fit a Tele.

Thank you.

EDIT: I forgot to mention I would prefer something top mount.

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
02/15/2021 5:28 am
Originally Posted by: hunter.kane

I just want to know which floyd rose would fit a tele body, keep in mind I'm making one from parts so it doesn't have any holes drilled yet, so I won't have any gaps from old bridges, I just want to know which would best fit a Tele.

[p]Since Telecasters don't typically have vibrato cavity routing you'd have to do a top mount. And to my knowledge the only Floyd Rose top mount option is this unit.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/FRTX01000--floyd-rose-frtx01000-frx-top-mount-tremolo-system-chrome

I suppose you could ask Warmoth or someone if they would be willing to rout a Tele body with a standard vibrato cavity. But I've never seen one. I searched out of curiosity & found this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-brrPp8RKU

So someone has the idea! Hope that helps!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2
hunter.kane
hunter.kane
02/16/2021 6:42 pm
Originally Posted by: ChristopherSchlegel[/quote]

Since Telecasters don't typically have vibrato cavity routing you'd have to do a top mount. And to my knowledge the only Floyd Rose top mount option is this unit.

I suppose you could ask Warmoth or someone if they would be willing to rout a Tele body with a standard vibrato cavity. But I've never seen one. I searched out of curiosity & found this.

So someone has the idea! Hope that helps!

Thank You.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.