Problem with A-B looping using keyboard

JJ90
JJ90
02/08/2021 6:25 pm

Hi everyone,

It has been a very long time since I last posted on this forum and visited GT in general. However due to several reasons I decided it was a good time to renew my subscription, and I'm happy to be back. So I'm currently jumping into all sorts of song lessons (nailing the Pearl Jam - Alive solo, and also a focus on Rock Level 2), and it's awesome to be playing, learning and improving my guitar skills again :-)

After taking some lessons I found out that the A-B looping feature does not work correctly for me[u] when using my keyboard[/u]. This is regardless of the lesson I watch, it happens to all of them. I'm using Firefox to watch the lessons, and when I press R the looping turns on (correct), when I press X the looping points reset (almost correct) but the A and B buttons don't set the loop at the current point in the video as illustrated below:

Just a few pointers:

- When pressing A the start of the loop is set forward a few seconds (see screenshot above), but it is not equal to the time I press the button. In other words the time is incorrect and too late.

- As can be seen in the screenshot the B / endpoint of the loop is set "out of bounds" per default. This means when the video ends it does not loop back to the start of the loop (A), but rather ends the video entirely.

- When pressing B at a different time it also sets the endpoint of the loop forward a few seconds, and is therefore also incorrect and not equal to the time I pressed the B-button video.

The manual looping by dragging it with my mouse works fine though! I love the feature, and really helps to get down some difficult licks or riffs.

I'm curious if anyone else is also experiencing the same issue.

Hope you guys can fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

JJ

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
02/08/2021 6:32 pm

Thank you for writing in with this issue. We are finalizing a fix as we speak. This will be fixed within the next week or two. Thanks again!

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
JJ90
JJ90
02/08/2021 10:17 pm

Great to hear, cheers!

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.