New Foo Fighters album

Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
02/06/2021 3:05 am

It's not my usual style of music I listen to, but I love the new Foo Fighter's album Medicine at Midnight that came out today. Shame is a favorite along with Chasing Birds. Two very different songs but really interesting guitar playing. I managed to hunt down some tabs for Chasing Birds but the strum pattern is tricky (and unknown to me thus far). It appears to be a downstrum and picking the A and D strings out alot, along with arpeggiating some others. Can anyone else figure that out? I love the outro riff, very memorable!

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 1
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
02/08/2021 3:56 am

Hey Susan, have not heard the new Foo Fighters yet.

But wanted to let you know I jotted down that quote from your signature, but Robert Brault. Good one!

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 2
Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
02/08/2021 5:24 am

Awesome! Being an artist, I just couldn't stop thinking about it after I stumbled upon it... I thought it was very fitting for learning how to play the guitar.

I'm learning the Chasing Birds songs now....I am replacing six barre chords with easier fingerings. So far I can do the song with just down strums....sounds nice and mellow and I can do the signature riff at the end. Hopefully you get to check out the album soon. :D

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.