View post (mouse becomes locked to cursor during loop setup)

View thread

glmoore001
glmoore001
02/10/2021 2:53 pm

Google Chrome Win 10[br]Version 88.0.4324.150 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Not knowing the correct terminology makes it a little hard to explain. When I say "Lesson Cursor" below, I am talking about the dot which advances the time of the lesson forward and back.

Once I feel I have a handle on a lesson, I will turn on Loop and go to the practice session, which is normally the last 2 or 3 minutes of the video.

The problem only happens when Loop is on and I am moving time dot (Lesson Cursor) and the start/stop flags forward and backward trying to adjust the start and stop of the loop. I will set the first loop point on the count before the instructor starts to play, then move the lesson cursor with the mouse to where the practice ends and hit play to set the end of the loop. This will sometimes take quite a few tries as it takes a very small movement in the cursor dot and the stop/start flags to get it just right on both loop points.

When I get it right, the loop will be clean and loop back to the instructors' count immediately when finished. This way I can endlessly play the loop without a delay.

The cursor sometimes gets locked to the mouse and will not unlock, the more times I need to adjust it to make it right, the better the chance of it getting locked. After it happens, I can even move the mouse out of the lesson to my second monitor and when I come back it is still locked to the cursor. Once it gets stuck, there is no way to get it to go away unless you refresh the page or close the site.

thanks for the reply,, Gary