View post (Expression pedal on pc)

View thread

Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
01/05/2021 7:22 am
Originally Posted by: zegeskrap

Hi! I recently bought an expression pedal that I planned on connecting to my midi controller. From there I hoped to be able to map the pedal through guitar rig on pc. Unfortunately, my midi keyboard turned out to only have sustain pedal inputs, not expression. So I am currently unable to use my lovely expression pedal :(. I was thinking I could buy a cheap effects pedal, (like an eq) and then only use it as a way for me to connect the expression pedal to my pc. Is this possible? Can you even connect hardware pedals to pc? Do you have any other solutions? Thank you, and Merry Christmas!

You would just need a MIDI controller or device that accepts an Expresson Pedal. Then your DAW would need to accept that MIDI data through USB. Are you going to be using it to control things like Wah and Volume inside audio plugins?

There have got to be inexpensive interfaces to get an Expression pedal going in through USB. Not sure what they are off the top of my head, but I would think IK Multimedia has something.

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer