View post (Ibanez rg652ahm VS anything)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
12/11/2020 9:33 pm

My thoughts.

You know what you're looking for in a "totally new" guitar better than we can or do, so I think you know best what type of design to go with.

The Ibanez Prestige RG652AHM in Nebula Green Burst is a damned nice guitar in every sense if it's what you want? Aesthetically DDG in that colour and modern Superstrat style, although I appreciate beauty is a very 'in the eye of the beholder' thing.

Have you actually tried the fingerboard and neck hands on to be sure that flat shred is for you? A lot of money to outlay if you haven't. A v[u]ery different[/u] Wizard neck profile and radius to both the Fender and Gretsch you currently have.

Also, given your prior purchases it would appear that prominent label guitars are an important part of the association for you and that you don't mind spending suggests to me satisfation will best be served if you stick with something from Ibanez in that style. Made in Japan will pretty much also guarantee satisfaction in BQ and finish. Love the DiMarzio 'buckers, but Ibanez have an abundance of models with different PUP and bridge configs and finishes to choose from across their range. It's difficult to find fault with any of the Prestige models. To me, it comes down to tone you're looking for if that neck suits in an Ibanez.

Of course, if you wanted to risk divorce, there's this presented here impeccably by Lee Wrathe, although to get it in that colour now its necessary to move up to the 852X series (appears the 8420 is obsoleted?) and RGA8527Z J.Custom. Very tasty, but Savoy fare.