CCR Ooby Dooby lesson

StratmanKeith
StratmanKeith
12/04/2020 6:09 pm

Hey Mike, I found this older lesson in the song library, Ive been playing for three years now, joined GT the day I brought my guitar home from Guitar Center, after going thru Fundamentals 1 and 2, I enjoy learning mostly crunch rhythm but have been looking to increase my skills with more solos, the solo in this song is a blast to play and not too difficult if you dont mind playing it 100 or more times to get it right, just wanted to say thanks again, and to recommend any other aspiring guitarists to check out this lesson. Also do you have any other song solo recommendations that are similar in skill? Keith

P.S. Love your punk rock look from the older lessons, and it would be very helpful if the full performance had the scrolling tabs like most of the new lessons do, if you could pass that along to the tecks to see if that can be done.

# 1
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/05/2020 4:05 pm

Hey Keith! Thanks for the kind words, as always!

Here are a few songs in the GT library with similar solos that come to mind:

Roy Orbison - You’re My Baby

Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands To Yourself

Georgia Satellites - Battleship Chains

Johnny Cash - Fulton Prison Blues

Chuck Berry - Brown Eyed Handsome Man

Mike

Originally Posted by: StratboyKeith

Hey Mike, I found this older lesson in the song library, Ive been playing for three years now, joined GT the day I brought my guitar home from Guitar Center, after going thru Fundamentals 1 and 2, I enjoy learning mostly crunch rhythm but have been looking to increase my skills with more solos, the solo in this song is a blast to play and not too difficult if you dont mind playing it 100 or more times to get it right, just wanted to say thanks again, and to recommend any other aspiring guitarists to check out this lesson. Also do you have any other song solo recommendations that are similar in skill? Keith

P.S. Love your punk rock look from the older lessons, and it would be very helpful if the full performance had the scrolling tabs like most of the new lessons do, if you could pass that along to the tecks to see if that can be done.

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 2
StratmanKeith
StratmanKeith
12/11/2020 5:39 pm

Thanks for the recommendations, I love them so far.

# 3
StratmanKeith
StratmanKeith
12/23/2020 7:29 pm

Wow the Chuck Berry song is a real finger buster, but Ive been working on it for two weeks now, and can finally do the play along all the way thru without too many klinkers!

# 4
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Mike Olekshy
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/23/2020 7:50 pm

Awesome Keith!! Feels great when it all starts to come together!

[br]Have a great holiday!

Mike

Originally Posted by: StratboyKeith

Wow the Chuck Berry song is a real finger buster, but Ive been working on it for two weeks now, and can finally do the play along all the way thru without too many klinkers!

Keep rockin!
Mike Olekshy
GT Guitar Coach

# 5
StratmanKeith
StratmanKeith
12/23/2020 11:24 pm

Merry Christmas Mike!

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.