View post (Scales)

View thread

ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/02/2020 9:59 pm
Originally Posted by: jimk8882

Chris, out of curosity, when is one ready to do these lessons you have referenced in the preceding post? I don't want to get ahead of myself but I am interested in learning as much as I can.

The tutorials in the music theory collection can be done as soon as you complete GF 1&2. They assume you can play open & barre chords, basic scales. They are mostly focused on the concepts that explain those basic playing skills with some practical applications.

The Triads & Inversion tutorials are a little more advanced. They might require some extra physical dexterity. But they are designed to teach, show & demonstrate in a way that makes it possible learn as you go.

The idea behind these collections is that not all guitar students want a deep dive in theory. They just want to know where to put their fingers, how to strum & then play! :) But if you want a little more conceptual understanding of how & why you put your fingers in certain places to create certain sounds, then these tutorials are available.

Make sense?

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory