View post (Does anyone have the modeling amp Yamaha THR10 II)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
11/23/2020 10:26 am
Originally Posted by: bcraig4J

that was what I had was the

Blackstar ID:Core 40

but it does not work anymore so now I have herd great things about this amp from sweet water

that’s why I started to rearch this amp

I would like to get the THR 30 watt just donot the funds

Ouch! Sorry to hear that. 😢 You hadn't had it very long had you?

Don't Blackstar have the same extended warranty program in the USA or Canada they do in AU & the UK?

Here the 1 year Blackstar warranty is extended to 3 years full coverage just for registering the purchase with the Blackstar regional distro online. It's backed by Blackstar, but serviced regionally. Worth inquiring, although a condition is registering the product. I'd try anyway if you have the receipt.

Did the unit (PCB component) die or the external PSU? You've checked the on/of switch switching to confirm it's not as simple as that?

Just FTR I use filtered power strips on all my equipment fed from a UPS for clean stable spike or brownout free voltage and isolation between my kit and mains. We get horrendous Thunderstorms here over summer. All good so far, touch wood, but my own ID:Core 40 warranty is about to expire this month. You know how Murphy's Law works....just out of warranty. = ]

Might be worth investing in a quality filter when you get your new amp if you don't already use one.

All the best with the THR quest. Yamaha quality.