View post (Does anyone have the modeling amp Yamaha THR10 II)

View thread

manXcat
manXcat
11/22/2020 9:32 pm

I don't own or use one and so can't answer end user questions for you, but can affirm in its role as a home use amp within its wattage class, everyone who has an original THR that I know of loves them. Surprisingly, they were always expensive relative to what else is available, and the latest Mk. II incarnations now even more so, especially the wireless version.

If it's really what you want (?) and you willuse/need its feature set, can't go wrong with a THR if their price doesn't bother you. Fantastic footprint and aesthetic too.

But, there's always a but, compared with a stereo capable digital modelling amp like this with 2x5" speakers which can do what a majority of users buying this category of amp require of it and then some, and as you can see has a similar satisfaction rating, but is half the THR's price. Not integrated, but for the price of a $20 rechargable TaoTronics BT 5.0 accessory adapter any amp can have reliable BT TX/RX capability too. The THR's almost double the price is a deal breaker for many, including me even if I wanted a 20W amp. I paid less than the price of that THR10 II or 20W ID:Core for my 40W ID:Core just 3 years ago. No brainer for my then usage/needs, and it still serves well.

From what I discern from my prior research, the THR10's output volume will have adequate saturation for a small apartment to satisfy the ears of most, but it's still just 20W and has a max noise limitation which I'd find now unacceptable/limiting [u]if it was my only amp[/u]. YMMV.

That said, as you probably know from my past posts and guitars I use, I am a Yamaha Music product fan. Multiple Yamaha electric & acoustic guitars, Yamaha keyboard, new Yamaha HT receiver earlier this year for the HT room and Yamaha sound bar for the other TV, yet I don't own a single Yamaha THR amp. Though I've been seduced by the form factor and advertising to lust after one at times, during mandatory self-imposed 'cooldown', it always gets triaged out in my GAS budget on a poor bang for the buck spend [u]for me[/u].

IDK if this may answer some of your questions, but worth a shot. Have you seen this? Rachel(f) has had and used the previous original iteration of the THR10 for some time, and although this vid is now 2 years old, offers an informative and interesting rundown on it from an end user rather than bias of a store sales droid or view chasing YT channel quid pro quo 'reviewer' spin perspective.

Good luck with getting a response to your quesiton from a THR10 II owner/user. I haven't heard anyone in this forum mention owning a THR II yet that I recall, but your post might bring someone who does 'out of the woodwork'.