View post (your favourite guitar style ?)

View thread

JohnGC
JohnGC
10/19/2020 12:41 pm
Originally Posted by: manXcat
Originally Posted by: JohnGC

Showing my age here,but I was inspired in my teenage years with Hank Marvin & The Shadows after seeing them live in London.Going through my lessons with a goal to be able to play some of their music such as Sleepwalk etc along with the backing. Having a lot of fun trying to simulate the sound of Hank's strat. I have also taken a strong liking to Blues music.

Hey JohnGC

You're not alone. I was jamming yesterday with a 72 year old guy who's totally nuts about Surf and that late 50's early 60's instrumental material, e.g. The Shadows "Apache", The Ventures "Walk Don't Run".

Have you seen Dave Monk? I think you might enjoy his channel. = ]

ManXcat

Oh yes Dave makes a terrific job of all he plays. I have actually got that backing track for Sleepwalk and look forward to being able to play along with it. Ken Mercer also is very good at playing covers of the shadows. Ken also did a video of how to get the Hank Marving's Apache sound using the double delay etc. I must admit I am sometimes guilty at spending too much time messing about on Guitar rig 5 to obtain that sound instead of doing my practice ( hope Lisa does not read this otherwise I am going to be in trouble )