Greetings from the lower (Nether)lands

kecheng
kecheng
10/01/2020 1:35 pm

Hi All,

My name is Ko (for now) and I am a guitar freak for ~1year. I started on a very old acoustic ibanez (strato) from my dad and got addicted to playing the guitar and making music. I recently bought a very nice electric CS guitar(with luck) and since then im playing even more hours a day. Not sure if y'all experience the same with learning, but sometimes I wake up and suddenly stuff is easy to play which seemed like an impossible hold a few weeks ago.

I am here to share thought on musics, and mostly interested in blues, rock, funk and guitar know-abouts. Eventually I want to play stevie R and perform / compose / create music. Maybe I will start a youtube channel once I am condfident enough to play for others.

Always open for nice conversations.

Best to all, hopefully the guitar provides some peace in these times ^^

# 1
Sasha-B
Full Access
Sasha-B
Full Access
10/01/2020 3:37 pm

Welcome to GT! Yes, I have experienced waking up and playing something I struggled with. it is as if it all synthesized in my brain during sleep.

the various subforums are a great place to chat about gear, lessons, and our journeys overall.

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute

# 2
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
10/01/2020 7:51 pm

Hi and welcome,

yes, what you describe is a nice feeling - when things come together after lots of hard work.

Hope to hear some of your music, I really enjoy writing songs about all kinds of silly things now that I know some theory under my belt. Any reason at all is a good one to me to throw some chords together, throw some words on paper and find someone who wants to join in on the madness. Which reminds me, your confidence will grow IF you find people who are good to play with - meaning they will help you along as you play together.

Good luck with your studies.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 3
kecheng
kecheng
10/03/2020 1:41 pm
Originally Posted by: Sasha-B

Welcome to GT! Yes, I have experienced waking up and playing something I struggled with. it is as if it all synthesized in my brain during sleep.

the various subforums are a great place to chat about gear, lessons, and our journeys overall.

Thanks Sasha, also for your comments on another topic. Haha yes, that is a good way to describe the happening. I've noticed indeed, I will check some topics out here and there :) Where you get most value out from this forum?

# 4
kecheng
kecheng
10/04/2020 9:09 am
Originally Posted by: William MG

Hi and welcome,

yes, what you describe is a nice feeling - when things come together after lots of hard work.

Hope to hear some of your music, I really enjoy writing songs about all kinds of silly things now that I know some theory under my belt. Any reason at all is a good one to me to throw some chords together, throw some words on paper and find someone who wants to join in on the madness. Which reminds me, your confidence will grow IF you find people who are good to play with - meaning they will help you along as you play together.

Indeed it is.

I am a terrible singer, so actual singing is not for me. Whereas from what I read, you also put some lyrics in it. Madness is always good haha. What kind of madness do you compose/play? I have some friends who are already successful in the music scene. Or have great talents, way beyond my level of guitar. So that is a big source of inspiration and knowledge during our plays.

Thanks, you 2!

# 5
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
10/04/2020 12:29 pm
Originally Posted by: kecheng
Originally Posted by: William MG

Hi and welcome,

Indeed it is.

I am a terrible singer, so actual singing is not for me. Whereas from what I read, you also put some lyrics in it. Madness is always good haha. What kind of madness do you compose/play? I have some friends who are already successful in the music scene. Or have great talents, way beyond my level of guitar. So that is a big source of inspiration and knowledge during our plays.

Thanks, you 2!

I am also a bad singer, but it does help me write if I can sing as I work along. And when I do have have friends with me and we are playing, it definately helps if I can sing what I write so they get a feel for it. It is not easy getting used to one's voice, but as I have said to others - its best to move past that.

I will write anything about anything. I would like to have a song in most genres. I have a metal tune started, a blues song, a few ballads. I am too old and have no talent to think of this as anything but an enjoyable past time.

But we can do things for people through music. When an aunt was near death at 96, my son wrote her a little song and sang it to her just 2 days before she passed. When my son and his girlfriend of 3 years broke up I wrote a little song for him and had some friends help me with the recording - and singing - and it meant something to him. So no big ambitions, just little ones.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.