View post (Three Months Into This)

View thread

Susan_Montgomery
Susan_Montgomery
09/25/2020 1:11 am

Hello GT friends,

My name is Susan and I've been playing guitar for almost three months, having no musical background. I was gifted both an acoustic and electric guitar for my birthday by my boyfriend. I really love both but have been focused on acoustic lately.

I just love this website and am so glad I subscribed. I completed the first fundamentals course and have hit many on the second fundamentals course. But now I'm jumping around a little and getting into songs, while still focusing on the basics. I have been hooked on playing Christmas songs lately, partly because I already have the tune in my memory bank so it makes it a little easier to play and find notes. I love the selection of Christmas song tutorials on here.

I've recently discovered the joys of fingerpicking and now I am really hooked on that. So I started those courses and am really pleased with how I'm playing already. So much to learn but I'm having a blast with it.

This is the first I've used the forum so I look forward to checking in here more and asking some questions.

“Often, what seems like an impossible climb is just a staircase without the steps drawn in.” Robert Brault, American Operatic Tenor