View post (Spend hours!! on finding (L) - Help appreciated!)

View thread

Sasha-B
Full Access
Sasha-B
Full Access
10/02/2020 1:41 am
Originally Posted by: kecheng
Originally Posted by: Sasha-B

I always start out practice with "spider legs" in order to warm up and stretch the fingers. I then run through the scales and pick a random song to read and play to reinforce reading/playing music.

After that (which takes about 5-10 minutes), I either (a) work through a GT lesson or I work on a song that pushes me. I am currently working on Yes' song "Roundabout." It is challenging, but I am enjoying the journey learning it.

I'm also trying to learn Dave Matthews' song: "stream" which is all instrumental and John Prine's "Angel from MOntogomery."

Songs I have learned include: The Beatles, "Blackbird," The Indigo Girls "Closer to FIne," SImon & Garfunkel's "Sound of SIlence," and Bonnie Raitt's "Thing called Love."

I end practice with a backing track of drums and rhythm guitar and just play over it-improv style. Just because it is fun.

How about you?

[/quote]

[quote=Sasha-B]

I always start out practice with "spider legs" in order to warm up and stretch the fingers. I then run through the scales and pick a random song to read and play to reinforce reading/playing music.

[br]After that (which takes about 5-10 minutes), I either (a) work through a GT lesson or I work on a song that pushes me. I am currently working on Yes' song "Roundabout." It is challenging, but I am enjoying the journey learning it.

[br]I'm also trying to learn Dave Matthews' song: "stream" which is all instrumental and John Prine's "Angel from MOntogomery."

[br]Songs I have learned include: The Beatles, "Blackbird," The Indigo Girls "Closer to FIne," SImon & Garfunkel's "Sound of SIlence," and Bonnie Raitt's "Thing called Love."

[br]I end practice with a backing track of drums and rhythm guitar and just play over it-improv style. Just because it is fun.

[br]How about you?

[br]

[p]

I practice the following at least: spider legs , crazy chromatic (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5TdEszM1u0), pentatonic, a major scale, open chords, hammer ons , pulls offs, slides, alternate picking, double stops en hammer ons while doing so(very hard for me atm). All at least a couple times a day. And also some freestyle on the penta.

[br]Must admin I know only sound of silence and the Beatles. But from what I can hear (checked them on Youtube) there are defenetly some challenging one's. Do you have an end goal (not really an end goal, but let's say : Stevie Ray Vaughan - Little Wing). For how long have you been playing guitar?

I learned: Porcupine Tree - Shesmovedon, John Lennon - Imagine, Pink Floyd - wish you were here, and some riffs from Nirvana, part of Metallica - nothing else matters and enter sandman, sunshine of your love.

Trying to learn: buckethead - southsayer (intro goes pretty ok now), animals - rising sun, game of thrones theme.

grear choices! The variety of music and learning to play it keeps me going and teaches me different skills. Or, just reinforces the skills (such as fingerpicking).

2021 Iris CH

2021 G&L ASAT Classic Tribute