View post (Diminshed Chords)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
12/26/2002 7:44 pm
Yeah, yeah. Excuses, excuses..lol ;) Just messing. Yeah I know what you were trying to say, and what you said was right when it comes to getting your point acrossed to Zeppelin. And naw it's not a fatal error, same chord on the guitar. It may cause some confusing later, but it's an easy one to figure out.

About the 3 originals, I think what you are talking about are Inversions. In the case of B dim. Its B=root, D=second, and F= third, then with the 3 inversions, the first inversion(also known as the root inversion) is B, D, and F. Second Inversion uses the second note D, so it becomes D, F, B. Third Inversion is F, B, D. So yeah there are 3 ways to play a B dim. But a Third Inversion of the B dim is never called F diminished, they are 2 different chords. Mixing will only cause alot of confusion later. You have problems with chord progression, what key your in, what scales to use, and on and on. It's the wrong path bro.

The chromatic is just a scale with all 12 tones in it. The whole tone is based upon whole steps. The whole tone would be a good scale to play over that Bdim7 (B, D, F, Ab), but remember it's Ab not G#. ;)
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.