View post (How to note overlapping vocals on a session chart?)

View thread

faith83
Full Access
faith83
Full Access
09/14/2020 1:08 am
Originally Posted by: snojones

First and foremost, I love Billy Joel! He has a very unique style of writting and composition. The Stranger, Get It Right the First Time, Italian Resturaunt, Piano Man, I Go to Extreems, Shameless, Leningrad, The Downeaster Alexa, Storm front, and so many more are classic tunes of my life. I really dig his style!

However, have you seen "Hired Gun"? It is a documentry on being a guitar slinger for big bands, similar to "20 Feet to Stardom". Hired Gun is about being a studio musician.

Once again I have to emphaticly state I love Billy Joel. The man is a genius.

The man is an unqualified genius. I believe he will be remembered as one of the towering giants of 20th century music. I'm glad he's finally getting the stature/recognition he deserves. Now if only John would...because most people don't really know him as an artist and he was phenomenal, esp in later years when most people (including me) weren't paying attention.

Billy changed my life -- I saw him in concert in 91 and dropped out of school the next day to pursue my musical aspirations (which then got massively derailed for the better part of two decades... but that's another story). But not before following him on the road for a summer. Yep, I was a groupie. I've got stories.

I haven't seen Hired Gun because I'm not super interested in hearing Liberty bitch about Billy. But apparently they've made peace and Lib has a book out that I need to get and read...

"I got this guitar and I learned how to make it talk."