Picks

andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
09/10/2020 5:39 pm

Hi Dave

Advice please. Got all the gear but need advice please on what picks to buy? Something I have never given much thought to over the years but sure it makes such a difference?

Both acoustic and electric please.

You must have a favourite?

Thanks and regards

Andrew

# 1
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/11/2020 2:45 pm

Great question Andrew! Picks make a big difference in tone. Soft to mediium guages are better for strumming chords and thicker picks produce a warmer tone and better for single note playing.

I use "Gravity" picks (model 'Striker big mini') for electric guitar. They are heavy and thick picks with smooth edges which I like.

For acoustic guitar playing I use "Dava" picks because they have a rubber grip (so it doesn't spin in my finger grip) and they are a little flexible, which is good for acoustic chord strumming. I hope this helps.

Keep those fingers flying!!

-Dave

# 2
andrew.colomb
Full Access
andrew.colomb
Full Access
09/11/2020 2:49 pm
Originally Posted by: Dave Celentano

Great question Andrew! I use "Gravity" picks (model 'Striker big mini') for electric guitar. They are heavy and thick picks with smooth edges which I like.

For acoustic guitar playing I use "Dava" picks because they have a rubber grip (so it doesn't spin in my finger grip) and they are a little flexible, which is good for acoustic chord strumming. I hope this helps.

Keep those fingers flying!!

-Dave

As always Dave, thanks for your expert advice!

Look forward to doing your latest Facebook lesson over the weekend. (with my new picks!!). I do miss doing them live with you though!

Regards Andrew

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.