View post (overlooked guitarists)

View thread

noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
noticingthemistake
Crime Fighter
12/25/2002 11:14 pm
When talking about greatest guitarist, or best under-rated guitarist. It's 'usually' the lead guitarist, or the guy who does the solo that will get the most credit in most cases. Maybe I'm just a simple person, but being the person who writes the songs, singing and plays guitar is the guy who is under rated. Most of you who write your own songs will understand this. Writting songs is a skill in it's own which takes alot of talent, especially to make it BIG. Metallica as an example, Kirk Hammett is the most recognized and respected with guitar players. I mean he even has his own link of this particular site. Well where's Jame Hetfield in the discussion?? He writes most of the songs, but he gets less credit for what his skill is. It may just be me, but he is far under-rated compared to Hammett. I'm not saying Hammett isn't better at guitar, cause he is amazing but Hetfield is the unsung hero in my eyes. Even in the band, he is the most respected amongst the band members. I think that deserves something if your talking about under-rated guitarists. It is just my opinion and the guitar soloist deserves every amount of credit they get for their skill, but their is more too it than that. The guy, who writes the songs that achieve levels that every inspiring musician dreams about, has an amazing gift that usually goes unsaid by many.

I know this is not really what this particular discussion is about, It's over all guitarist who we think is under rated. It's just on this site, I find this point of view is rarely recognized or talked about.

[Edited by noticingthemistake on 12-25-2002 at 05:19 PM]
"My whole life is a dark room...ONE BIG DARK ROOM" - a.f.i.