Best ways to use this site

aorezechowski
aorezechowski
09/02/2020 12:37 pm

I'm new here. I've just started learning guitar, I'd like to know the best way to use all this information here? I have a guitat and I know a few chord (learned from YouTube). Should I be going through the guitar essential courses or just skip to the styles or songs I want to play?

# 1
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
ChristopherSchlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor
09/02/2020 3:20 pm

Hey & welcome to GT!

Originally Posted by: aorezechowski

I've just started learning guitar, I'd like to know the best way to use all this information here? I have a guitat and I know a few chord (learned from YouTube). Should I be going through the guitar essential courses or just skip to the styles or songs I want to play?

It depends on your knowledge & skill level. In general the best path is to start with Guitar Fundamentals 1 & 2.

https://www.guitartricks.com/beginner.php

If you already know the material, then it will be a good review & a breeze to watch through. And it may fill in some holes in your knowledge & skills. Watch until you get to a tutorial that challenges you & then really start to dig in!

At any point I encourage all students to start learning songs. The Made Easy collection is a great place to look for songs if you can already play a few chords in time.

https://www.guitartricks.com/songs/beginner

After you work through GF1&2, then you'll be ready for a style course. Pick the one that most interests you. That will keep you motivated! And again, look for songs in that style that match your current level of knowledge & skill.

Hope that helps! Please ask more if necessary & best of success!

Christopher Schlegel
Guitar Tricks Instructor

Christopher Schlegel Lesson Directory
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.