Mastering something on Guitar

meharbrar12
meharbrar12
08/28/2020 3:02 am

Hi! So i got through Guitar Fundamental's 1 and I'm about to start Fundamental's 2. I've think I got a ok grasp on the course content but I'm by no means perfect at all of it. For example, my chord changes are alright but I may not land that C major everytime. Lisa talked about mastering certain technique from the Fundamental's 1 course, like a chord progression, song's etc. I'm going to university for engineering and I know I may not have time to go back and master the material from Fundamental's one, and practice the techique from 2 and jam out to songs I like. So would it be fine if I practiced the material in Fundamental's 2 and at the same time learn songs that I love and master those songs. By going this route would I still be growing as a guitar player and become better.

Thanks

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
08/28/2020 11:16 am
Originally Posted by: meharbrar12

but I may not land that C major everytime.

[/quote]

This is normal and will clean up over time

[quote=meharbrar12]

and jam out to songs I like. So would it be fine if I practiced the material in Fundamental's 2 and at the same time learn songs that I love and master those songs. By going this route would I still be growing as a guitar player and become better.[br]Thanks

Playing songs is what it is all about. Learning chords, scales theory etc is interesting and neccessary but I think we pick up the guitar to play songs.

I do exactly what you decribe in your post. I think we need to manage our progression against stagnation and boredom. We can always go back and repeat our practice on the C chord.

Good luck with your studies in both fields. We need more engineers!

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
faviogalaxy
faviogalaxy
08/29/2020 11:37 pm

I'm about to start guitar fundanmentals 2 in 1/09/2020 It have been alot of weeks since I finish guitar fundamentals 1 and now I have a new aproach to guitar fundamentals 2 I'll have the rule of only 1 video per day so I'll be putting focus on practicing. for guitar fundamentals 1 I decided to master the strumming d-du-udu in 2 chords C major and F major it have been a While but I think it's not perfect but is done like is a no brainer for me and maybe I should put it more attention because I make mistakes when playing faster and also didn't practice it with a defined tempo well we will see xd and also I was down with 1 key the G key but it have been a while since I do anything in that. Now I'm looking forward to growing as a Musician by playing the guitar. Hope we can help eachother with our unique perspective

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.