2 Months Playing

rich.messner
Full Access
rich.messner
Full Access
08/25/2020 3:42 am

Hey everyone, Rich M. here:

[br]Today 08/24/20 is my two months playing and learning the guitar anniversary. It's been very enjoyable thus far. Now I am at the harder part, chords, shapes, transitions, rythem and timing and left, right hand coordination. I am determined to stick with it as like many have tried to learn to play in the past, I didn't stick with it, but it is different this time. The difference is I am determined to suceed. If anyone cares to share any tips on the beginner subjects I mentioned. They are most welcome!

[br]Keep rockin' and keep playing everyone.

# 1
William MG
Full Access
William MG
Full Access
08/25/2020 1:19 pm

Hi and welcome Rich,

yes many of us here who tried before and this time around we seem to be doing better. Only thing I would offer at this time is keep practicing. Its about all we can do.

Good luck.

This year the diet is definitely gonna stick!

# 2
graemehakin
Full Access
graemehakin
Full Access
08/29/2020 11:40 am

My advice is to buy a guitar stand (if you don't have one already), and make sure it's always out there, ready to be picked up. That and play everyday, even if it's just 5 mins of simple chord progression.

Oh, and one of those clip on tuners...a few seconds of tuning before you start is a great habit to get into.

Good luck.

# 3
jrsnbk
Full Access
jrsnbk
Full Access
08/30/2020 3:38 am
Originally Posted by: graemehakin

My advice is to buy a guitar stand (if you don't have one already), and make sure it's always out there, ready to be picked up. That and play everyday, even if it's just 5 mins of simple chord progression.

Oh, and one of those clip on tuners...a few seconds of tuning before you start is a great habit to get into.

Good luck.

Great advice on the guitar stand and the clip on tuners. I have cheap tuners on each of my guitars that I have out and on stands. I keep one guitar (older and well used) in my downstairs living room where it is easily accessable. When I have just a few miunutes (like when i am waiting for my wife to get ready for some joint commitment we have) I see the guitar and am more inclined to pick it up and practice. Having the tuner readily available and clipped on the guitar makes it easier to get right into playng. I pick the guitar up MUCH more when I don't have to take it out of a case and find a tuner before I can get started.

# 4
rich.messner
Full Access
rich.messner
Full Access
09/06/2020 9:14 am

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I keep my guitar out and I have a tuner on my phone, so three times a day I tune the guitar. I know - Practice, Practice, Practice. It's the only way to improve!

Keep playing!

# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.