FREE "CAGED Scale System" class

Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/18/2020 2:56 pm

Join me this Thursday (8/20) at 5:00pm (Pacific time) for the first in a series of lessons on the 'CAGED scale system'. Here I will unlock the major scale with this mnemonic system and answer all your questions on the subject, plus learn 'Carol of the Bells' in each of the five CAGED scale patterns.

Here's this weeks curriculum for those wanting to get a head start:

https://bit.ly/2E1fv8Z

Keep those fingers flying!

-Dave

# 1
matonanjin2
matonanjin2
08/18/2020 6:15 pm

Looks interesting, thanks Dave. I, unfortunately, missed the Texas Blues one. I'm going to try and make this one.

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45

# 2
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
tammielyn.ts
Full Access
08/20/2020 5:16 pm

Hey there. Missed this one. Wondering if there is a way to get notifications about these live lessons? Tx a bunch GT

# 3
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/21/2020 2:06 pm
Originally Posted by: tammielyn.ts

Hey there. Missed this one. Wondering if there is a way to get notifications about these live lessons? Tx a bunch GT

Hi Tammielyn,

I post a reminder every week here in my Guitar Tricks Forum, as well as on my Facebook page and Guitar Tricks Facebook page for my FREE Facebook guitar classes on Thursday evenings at 5:00pm (PT). Next Thursday I'll be going over the "A form" from the CAGED scale system.

I hope this helps!

-Dave

# 4
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
08/22/2020 1:25 am

I finally caught one of the live sessions last night. Very enjoyable, Dave.

Tammielynn and others, the lessons are recorded and you can play them back on facebook if you don't happen to catch it live.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

# 5
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/22/2020 9:22 pm
Originally Posted by: DavesGuitarJourney

I finally caught one of the live sessions last night. Very enjoyable, Dave.

Tammielynn and others, the lessons are recorded and you can play them back on facebook if you don't happen to catch it live.

Thanks and glad you dug my CAGED scale system lesson. I'll be going over the 'A form' CAGED pattern next Thursday (and one new form each following week until all five CAGED patterns are covered). And thanks for reminding Tammielynn that all the free FB lessons are available on GuitarTricks.com Facebook page for those who missed the live broadcast.

-Dave

# 6
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
08/23/2020 3:26 am

A non-sequitur here, or perhaps just "OT"...

In my next life I want to host a talk show called "Dave to Dave" and all of my guests will be named Dave. I'd like to have a small rotating stable of guest hosts, also named Dave. Maybe I'll host the show 4 nights a week and we'll have a guest host Dave on Fridays.

Dave C., I'll have my people call your people and we'll set something up. If you like it you can be in the guest host rotation and set aside a 10 minute segment to do a mini-lesson on your guest nights.

It takes as long as it takes unless you quit - then it takes forever and you will never get there.

# 7
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dave Celentano
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/24/2020 2:52 pm

In my next life I want to host a talk show called "Dave to Dave" and all of my guests will be named Dave. I'd like to have a small rotating stable of guest hosts, also named Dave. Maybe I'll host the show 4 nights a week and we'll have a guest host Dave on Fridays.

Dave C., I'll have my people call your people and we'll set something up. If you like it you can be in the guest host rotation and set aside a 10 minute segment to do a mini-lesson on your guest nights.

LOL!!!

# 8
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
Carl King
GuitarTricks Video Director
08/24/2020 5:04 pm

That is a great idea! I had actually thought of starting a podcast and just interviewing other people named Carl King. Getting them on the line cold and finding out about them, seeing how our lives are different. :) Of course it's only funny to me to see someone else with my name and not being me...

Also looking forward to catching some of Dave's live classes because my fingers are currently NOT flying!

-Carl.

Carl King[br]GuitarTricks Video Director / Producer

# 9
DavesGuitarJourney
DavesGuitarJourney
08/24/2020 8:11 pm
Originally Posted by: Carl King

That is a great idea! I had actually thought of starting a podcast and just interviewing other people named Carl King. Getting them on the line cold and finding out about them, seeing how our lives are different. :) Of course it's only funny to me to see someone else with my name and not being me...

Also looking forward to catching some of Dave's live classes because my fingers are currently NOT flying!

-Carl.

I dub thee: King of The Carls

# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.