View post (looking for songs)

View thread

osmanitellez
osmanitellez
08/19/2020 3:51 pm
Originally Posted by: William MG
Originally Posted by: osmanitellez

I am having a hard time find a song that is interesting to me for learning. does anyody else have this issue or is it. just me?

will you recomend your favorite songs to learn at GT?

Hi and welcome,

this is a tough one. In simple terms - if we don't have songs we want to learn to play - why bother picking up the guitar? So I think songs are really important. And I am not sure if the reason you can't get excited about learning songs is that you don't have any favorite songs you really want to play - that will be a big problem - or if the song catalogue is too old for you and you can't relate to the material offered.

I think there is a definate demographic in mind with the GT song catalogue and fortunately for some (old guys like me) we find a lot of songs we grew up with - but for younger people it may not be as appealing. GT is updating the catalogue but this takes time.

But the internet is a big place, and there are other resources out there to begin learning songs - Ultimate Guitar being one. But almost every song out there has someone on the internet giving a lesson on it. But the question I get from reading your post is "don't you have a favorite song you really want to learn?"

Songs aside, this site can still be useful to you because we need structure regardless of the song or genre and GT can help you with that.

Good luck.

hello William.

thanks for your message.

Yes, I was just making a comment about my experience with song catalogue and wanted to share with GT staff and other member. I thought maybe I even get a song suggestion LOL. Just pointing out that finding a song that seems apailing to me is very difficult in the catalogue. I love the Guitar trick lessons and extructure and thought the one thing it could do better is the songs. I also thought some ear training lessons will be nice as well ( not sure if we have here).

Yeah, I like old songs, new songs, it. depends, if the song is good I dig. example.. I could go with How deep is your love Bee Gees, to Karma Police Radiohead, to John Mayer, to Marcus King, to Michael Jackson to Pearl Jam, Oasis. hehehe...I know. I am all over the place but I enjoy them all at different times. anyways. many bands in the catalogue here that I have never listen to here, I try them but not conection so far. still looking.

Yeah, I was doing youtube for songs before but I was trying to stay away from it, a lot people teaching and sometimes many variations and not give you a good notation, but yeah, I can always do that.

I just listen for the first time to Allman Brothers, not sure how come I never heard of them before, love them.

have a nice day everyone.

Peace.