my POD XT

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
12/21/2002 9:07 pm
I'd just like to say that if anyone is considering buying a Line 6 POD XT, it is worth it!!!

especially if you want to record to your computer, there's a USB connector that allows direct connection. any questions on it, just reply to this.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/22/2002 12:59 am
Cooooool, I’m glad you like it !

Me, I have the pod pro and it just blows my mind ! I’m really glad I didn’t have one when I was much younger or Id never of done anything other than play the guitar ! I got the big floor board thing and that was a mistake as it is horrifically over priced however as I’m using a bass pod also I can sort of justify the expense.

My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
zepp_rules
zepp_rules
12/22/2002 3:11 am
sorry, i'm a little ignorant, and i'm looking at the various line 6 options. whether it was worth getting the vetta or just pod xt and a marshall. how's does all that work?
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 3
Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
12/23/2002 11:52 pm
If you have $1600, and want a (very) great solid-state amp, the Vetta is a good choice.

This is how i run mine-

Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb Combo Re-issue
Line 6 POD XT Amp Modeler
Line 6 Shortboard (Foot controller thing)
Q Tron +

running to my Gibson Les Paul.
I think that the distortion models are very good, if you tweak them perfectly (some of them sound really awesome out of the box! some you have to tweak to your liking).

if you want the best distortion results, I'd go with a Fender tube amp through the Line 6 POD XT.

this is a really vague post by me, but your good either way. I mean, i use the POD XT moreso for effects than for the amp modeling (considering i have great tube amp), but every once in a while i'll put on a Marshall JST amp model on (i think its jst? can't remember). Anyways, just remember that the POD XT has a few Marshall models, probably all the ones you want. I'll look for a list of all the amp models.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.