View post (recommendations for audio interface)

View thread

matonanjin2
matonanjin2
08/13/2020 2:57 pm

I didn't know whether to post here or respond to your post in the "Gear" subforum. Since Carl and Barry responded here I will follow their lead. Hopefully others will so you can follow in one place.

Like Carl I have had good experience with my Focusrite Scarlett. I've never used anything else so can't make any comparative statement. And, like you, am not a Pro player, I never will be, and just did it for fun.

The Scarlett is very reasonably priced and reliable for us newby's. I went with the Scarlett 2i2. Watch your numbering system. The 2i2 means two inputs and 2 outputs to your DAW. If you think you are going to someday sing along with your playing and have a microphone you will want at least 2 inputs and outputs. I will never sing along but went with two with the thought if one of my jam buddies ever stopped by to jam we could record it.

There is the Scarlett Solo with just one input but the difference in price is so minimal why not go with at least two inputs just in case? You can go up to some ridiculous number of inputs. 18?

Have fun!

[u]Guitars:[/u] 2014 PRS Santana, 2013 PRS Paul's, 2009 PRS Hollowbody, 1972 Gibson ES-325, 2012 Fender Strat American Standard, 2012 Yamaha Pacifica, Martin M-36, Martin 000-15M, Seagull S6 Classic[br][u]Amps:[/u] Fender Blues Junior III, Boss Eband JS-10, Line 6 POD 500X, Quilter Microblock 45