View post (Recommendatios for audio interface)

View thread

aliasmaximus
aliasmaximus
11/06/2023 7:24 pm

It's definitely everyone's job to chip in and report this stuff. We're supposed to be a community and we have to approach this as a neighborhood crime watch. It literally takes only about 20 to 30 seconds to report an offender to Admin?

I understand why the spammers and the malicious hackers do it, but I remain perplexed about the benign AI messages. Perplexed as to WHY anybody would waste their time posting meaningless messages to unfamiliar message boards and forums?

I'm also very curious as to how this is actually being perpetrated. Do you suppose it leads back to just a few bored individuals who constantly change their identities and site profiles for the purpose of posting on silly message then immediately getting tossed. Rinse, repeat, rinse, repeat....

Or has someone perhaps directed a semi-autonomous AI computer to carry out the monotonous task on designated sites?. Or could it be a fully autonomous AI computer that can sniffs out forums and message boards independently, then autonomously apply for whatever membership status is needed to start peppering sites with garbage posts? Perhaps then moving on to another site after a certain amount of time?

It seems akin to somebody investing a lot of time into building from scratch, a "Roomba" that has no vacuum. Then setting it loose in the neighborhood to invade homes and accomplish absolutely nothing more than bumping into things for a few hours before leaving the residence and searching for the next open door? Which brings me back to my original question: WHY would anybody do that? It accomplishes nothing for anyone, not even the creator of the gadget. Even as a practical joke it's pretty lame.

Oh hell, I think that I've just watched far too many "Matrix" and "Terminator" movies.

Sascha