View post (Recommendatios for audio interface)

View thread

mjgodin
mjgodin
11/06/2023 1:34 pm
#3 Originally Posted by: aliasmaximus

Can somebody please explain to me what the hell all of these creepy AI generated messages are doing in this forum. They usually aren't hawking anything so they can't really be construed as spammers. What could possibly motivate someone to post so many pointless and often idiotic replies? I just don't get it.

Sascha

Been this way for a while Sascha only now it’s getting progressively worse with the advent of AI which is why I’ve been holding back and questioning my resubscription. I’ve even suggested in another thread that GT could easily fix this problem by blocking all non full subscribers from the forum,  but apparently they think they can do it in other ways. Every time they make modifications to the site it seems to get worse. It’s a shame as I enjoy reading and interacting in the forum  as much as playing guitar itself but I even had my original email address hacked from clicking on a post written in what I think was a Mongolian language. I should have known better to click on it but curiosity got the best of me and soon after that my email address was getting hundreds of emails a day from Mongolia so be careful of those. They remove them quickly but they still do appear from time to time. 

Its a shame what this forum has become. 

Moe

Happy safe surfing. 

edited