Best way to play along to songs / tracks

ScottB1074
ScottB1074
08/01/2020 9:49 pm

Really enjoying guitar tricks, recently have been focusing on learning full songs on the site.

Anyone have practical tips on how to play along to the full song when you are ready. I find I play it on my laptop so I can see the music. The speaker is not great, so I crank it so I can hear it along with the guitar amp.

That's not great so I go get my Sonos speaker and play the song through there, but the speaker is louder so I crank my amp. That seems loud so I crank the music again.

I am going to make myself deaf ! Haha. There must be a way I am not aware of to more safely play along so I can clearly hear the song and my guitar together.

Please help ! Thanks.

# 1
kvsealegs
kvsealegs
08/02/2020 3:56 pm

Maybe might help if you play music through headphones or earbuds, and you could still hear the play from your amp. Or just the other way around? Remember that the idea is to play along and blend with the band, not particularly stand out, unless it's called for.

# 2
JeffS65
JeffS65
08/03/2020 3:40 pm
Originally Posted by: ScottB1074

Really enjoying guitar tricks, recently have been focusing on learning full songs on the site.

Anyone have practical tips on how to play along to the full song when you are ready. I find I play it on my laptop so I can see the music. The speaker is not great, so I crank it so I can hear it along with the guitar amp.

That's not great so I go get my Sonos speaker and play the song through there, but the speaker is louder so I crank my amp. That seems loud so I crank the music again.

I am going to make myself deaf ! Haha. There must be a way I am not aware of to more safely play along so I can clearly hear the song and my guitar together.

Please help ! Thanks.

Honestly, when you're playing along with the video, play through the Sonos but adjust the volume in the video window.

# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.