Proving I`m a human. ANNOYING !

moosehockey18
moosehockey18
07/31/2020 1:16 am

Can someone PLEASE fix the " prove you`re a human" pop ups when I try to access the site. I`m already a paid subscriber and it `s REALLY annoying !

Thanks.

# 1
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
Guitar Tricks Admin
Full Access
07/31/2020 7:43 pm

Hi there,

Could you tell us what type of issues you're having? Please send a message to admin@guitartricks.com

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns, please contact us.
# 2
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
08/02/2020 4:40 pm

Paid subscribers shouldn't use captcha to confirm we are humans... Am I right? It's not like bots will buy subscriptions...

# 3
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
08/03/2020 5:59 pm
Originally Posted by: tgchan

Paid subscribers shouldn't use captcha to confirm we are humans... Am I right? It's not like bots will buy subscriptions...

During the past couple years or so GT suffered a very large influx of spam posts usually, but not always, from new 'members.' In that recent past there was close to a thousand -- some foreign language posts hitting a hundred or more a day which was more than a little disruptive to the Forum. The security features recently implemented have drastically cut the spam posts, almost to zero, and are certainly worth the 'cost' of a once-in-a-while 15-second delay while we members work our way through the CAPTCHA challenge and response.

Speaking of spam... IMO, it would be best if yours in your Forum Signature was removed.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 4
tgchan
Full Access
tgchan
Full Access
08/04/2020 10:53 am
Originally Posted by: john of MT
Originally Posted by: tgchan

During the past couple years or so GT suffered a very large influx of spam posts usually, but not always, from new 'members.' In that recent past there was close to a thousand -- some foreign language posts hitting a hundred or more a day which was more than a little disruptive to the Forum. The security features recently implemented have drastically cut the spam posts, almost to zero, and are certainly worth the 'cost' of a once-in-a-while 15-second delay while we members work our way through the CAPTCHA challenge and response.

Speaking of spam... IMO, it would be best if yours in your Forum Signature was removed.

It is totally understandable for non Full Access members but it shouldn't be slapped on on everyone./ Especially paying members.[br][br]As for my signature comment... I won't even waste more time than I have already done with writing this.[br][br]

# 5
john of MT
Full Access
john of MT
Full Access
08/04/2020 6:28 pm

My comment was a gentle suggestion that you shouldn't be hawking your items on the Forum page, particularly when Guitar Tricks gets no compensation.

Beware, other spammers have been banned from the Forum.

"It takes a lot of devotion and work, or maybe I should say play, because if you love it, that's what it amounts to. I haven't found any shortcuts, and I've been looking for a long time."
-- Chet Atkins
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.